Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May Well Baby

We have some good news on Gus! It's so nice to actually have good news. His well baby check-up showed that he has gained a pound and a half in the past month. Thank you for all of your prayers. He is still in the less than 3% for his age but we will take any growth that we can get. He also grew a 1/2 of a centimeter. He has a new scar on his chest from the lung biopsy. The Down Syndrome world calls these battle scars, so Gus has his first. If we find heart surgery will help him in the future he might have more battle scars to come. He is attempting to creep which is exciting. He is now at a 6 month gross motor development stage and a 9 month social development stage. So all in all for going through a lung biopsy and a short stay in the hospital he had a good month.

He is feeling our prayers! Please continue to pray for the process, we have our last home study visit a week from Friday; pray that he keeps growing; pray that North and South Korea keep some form of peace right now; and finally pray for patience for Jason and I we want to meet our little boy so badly.

4 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! We'll keep praying - WAY TO GO GUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EM & JASON--Words cannot express how happy the Green family is for the 2 of you! I thought Em was pregnant by her comment today in my e-mail, but this is even better! :) God is AWESOME and He has chosenn you as Gus' mom and dad. You will be the best parents for him. We will pray for you and Gus and we love you guys. Bob, Pam, Jenna and Jared

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Emily I had no idea you guys were doing this! I am so happy for all three of you. You are all in my prayers. I am crying as i read these blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jason and Emily,
    I'm just now getting caught up to speed on all of this. I feel like I need to call you and get the full story! Thanks for making the blog -- I'll check in regularly.
    -Ethan

    ReplyDelete